Brahioplasty is a surgery that reshapes the back of the upper arm, from arm to elbow. It is also called arm lifting (arm lifting) being an aesthetic operation done to remove excess skin and fat from the arms.
WHAT IS THE USE OF ARM LIFTING FOR?
When a person gains extra pounds, their skin slowly stretches over time. However, if she loses a lot of weight, her skin may not have enough elasticity to stretch again. This can lead to excess unsightly skin. Also, the same thing happens and as we age, the skin sags and becomes flabby.
Brachioplasty is not a recommended intervention for everyone. In a consultation, Dr. Pascal will decide if you are a suitable candidate for surgery, with precautions if:
- You are overweight;
- You have frequent weight changes;
- You have a condition that interferes with wound healing (diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis);
- You are a smoker.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE FOR THE ARM LIFTING PROCEDURE?
- Consultation with Dr. Pascal (make sure you understand the benefits and risks).
- Examination of medical history (treatments, medication, diseases, previous operations).
- Physical examination. To determine your treatment options, your doctor will examine your lower arms.